Sunday, November 2, 2008

Dear Home Secretary


How are you this fine Sunday?  Do you have any plans?  I am sure that notwithstanding your extremely tough week, you are somewhere in your constituency, working with your people.  I know this, because that is just how you roll.

Did you hear about Sarah Palin's little faux pas in the day just gone?  I must insist that you listen to the audio file of the conversation, it will undoubtedly bring about the giggles.  

I am sure that you would never fall for such a prank.    

Although, this week you did almost believe, during your evidence session at the Joint Committee on Human Rights, that the Chair accepted your argument!  But, you were smart enough to put that proposition to him and things were cleared up in no time!  You're a cheeky little monkey, aren't you?

I know that you will take my comments in jest my dear Home Secretary, because as you pointed out to your honorable friend Mr Shephard in the very same committee meeting, one's use of language and their actual position are two separate things.  

With warmest wishes, and until next time, I remain, your most humble admirer. 





No comments: