Monday, November 3, 2008

Dear Home Secretary


Whew, what a day!  I work for the Government also, and it is super tiring, isn't it?

Although, I suppose you work for the people, not the Government.  Such is my exhaustion, my Dear Home Secretary, the comparisons that I could draw between your role and mine are probably best left for another day.

Just a quick note, to check in.  Do you know, I read last week that the Government Chief Whip informed the House that they must have shorter questions and answers during Question Time.  And then, perhaps even on the same day, I read that your right Honorable friend Mr Woolas said that immigration policy needed to presented in a way that the average Sun reader could understand it.

Not to come across as a conspiracy theorist or anything, but shorter questions and shorter answers = sound bites.  Sound bites = Journalists with not much time, and a pretty low salary.  Journalists with not much time, and a pretty low salary = Sun headline editors.  

Until next time, I remain ,your most humble admirer.

P.S.  I hope this week is easier.  Those Lords gave you a pretty hard time last week.

No comments: